Swoon California Workforce Privacy Notice
At Swoon, we are committed to maintaining our workforce members’ privacy. This California Workforce Privacy Notice (“Workforce Notice“) is intended to explain to Swoon workforce members who are California residents of Swoon practices regarding the collection and use of personal information about Swoon workforce members (“Workforce Personal Information“), as described in more detail below.
Categories of Workforce Personal Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following categories of Workforce Personal Information:
- Identifiers, including name, address, phone number, email address, government identification numbers, date of birth;
- Personal information categories listed in the California Consumer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), including medical information or health insurance information (some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories);
- Characteristics of protected classifications, including race, gender, ethnicity, disability information (if provided voluntarily), military and veteran status (if provided voluntarily), sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), ethnicity, family-related data (e.g., marital status, information on family members);
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, including location information, communication information and computer usage information related to your use of company equipment, systems, and other resources;
- Professional or employment-related information, including previous employment, worker status, organization information, compensation information, payroll information, leave information, performance and talent information, employment background, functional experience, leadership experience, honors or awards, background information commonly used for security screenings, qualifications, evaluations, developmental planning, career interest and development information, designated emergency contact information, sick day information, work-related accidents information, monitoring information, CCTV, audio recordings, photographs, and other talent management and team based assessments;
- Biometric information, including identifier or identifying information such as fingerprint scans;
- Education information, including education, training, qualifications, and certifications; and
How We Use Workforce Personal Information
We may use Workforce Personal Information to administer the workforce relationship, including to:
- Manage the employer/employee relationship subject to and in accordance with Swoon’s policies and procedures;
- Administer company benefits pursuant to Swoon’s employee benefit plans;
- Maintain emergency contacts;
- Protect the health, safety, and security of the workforce and facilities;
- As required by law, court order, or governmental regulations; and
- Other activities as needed for legitimate business purposes.
Individuals who have questions about this Workforce Notice should contact Swoon Human Resources Department at hr@SwoonStaffing.com or 312-450-8700 via option 1.
Effective: January 1, 2020