Controller | Director of Finance
Start Date: Jun 25, 2019
Our team at Swoon is looking for a Controller / Director of Finance for a high-growth cannabis company in Phoenix, Arizona. The Controller/Director of Finance will assist in leading day-to-day finance operations.
Salary: $85,000 - $100,000 depending on experience, benefits and equity components.
Responsibilities will include accounting, financial planning and analysis, accounts receivable and payable, payroll, monthly closes and annual budgeting and forecasting. The Controller will ensure that the Company has the systems and procedures in place to conduct timely unqualified opinion audits and will work closely with Company’s CFO, senior management team and Board of Directors.
- Provide project management, financial, business and technical accounting expertise to assist in management of the Company’s finance function.
- Define, implement and monitor policies, procedures, internal controls that ensure best-in-class control of operations.
- Provide key information and management reports to the Company’s leadership team and Board of Directors to support decision making and strategy for growth.
- Develop and distribute financial and operating metrics and assist in forecasting and budgets.
- Manage all aspects of cash flow including providing periodic forecasts.
- Manage the accuracy of day-to-day activities around retail reporting, customer billing, collections, accounts payable, cash disbursements, general ledger accounting.
- Issue monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Manage relationships with outside firms including auditors, insurance agents and other providers as appropriate.
- Coordinate year end audit with external auditors and manage the preparation of audit schedules, data, information and financial statements.
- Coordinate corporate tax reporting and preparation of tax returns with outside tax accountants
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in accounting, finance, or audit
- Prefer prior experience in public accounting or corporate role in-house in healthcare, retail, consumer products or distribution companies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort in working in high growth companies with flat reporting structures
- Unimpeachable integrity
- Strong strategic instincts with experience linking strategy to actual operations and operational requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred
- CPA with current license
- Must pass standard background check and fingerprinting as part of hiring process