Sr. Client Manager
Start Date: Dec 3, 2019
Provide service to clients in conjunction with the Risk Advisor and/or Client Service Team while providing assistant level support to the team members per the Client Administrator job description. Become familiar with all of his/her clients and is responsible for service provided to the assigned customer accounts, ensuring that the client is well serviced.
The following is illustrative of the general activities of this position and does not reflect each and every task this position may undertake. Training and resources will be provided to assure the employee is able to accomplish what is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the new business and renewal process; review risk management surveys. Identify exposure to loss and advise client on appropriate coverages.
- Develop marketing plan with the Risk Advisor and insured. Complete submissions to market new and renewal accounts to insurance carriers. Prepare proposals, negotiate coverage terms and pricing. Work with underwriters to obtain additional information from clients.
- Work with Risk Control Department to monitor complex or significant risk control and claims issues.
- Conduct contract and lease reviews to advise client on risk and compliance issues.
- Maintain positive client and insurance company relationships.
- Explain payment requirements to new and existing clients and provide past due follow-up.
- Maintain positive relationships with appropriate personnel at client firms to assure retention of accounts.
- Oversee, direct, plan and schedule the work of others. May train and give technical supervision to account service team members.
- Demonstrate exceptional negotiating, decision-making, advanced knowledge of coverages, and sales skills.
- Maintain high level relationship with underwriters.
- Support and communicate with the Risk Advisor to develop and retain accounts.
- Have the ability to independently conduct client meetings, trainings, and deliver proposals to the clients.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or eight plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Well-developed professional, interpersonal and analytical skills with minimum supervision needed.
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the agency.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong project management skills, establishing appropriate timelines and deadline management.
- Knowledge and proficiency of PC applications, such as MS Office and EPIC.