DevOps Engineer - W2 Only
Start Date: Jun 29, 2020
Urgent need!!! We are seeking a DevOps Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in St. Petersburg, FL!
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for building and operationalizing cloud-based platform components. The team has built and enhancing a brand-new data lake platform on top of a cloud-based platform utilizing the latest tech stacks. Ideal technologies for this individual would be Kubernetes, azure (or AWS), terraform, helm, Kafka, python, and Linux. Come make a future with our best in class team.
- Build and operationalize cloud-based platform components
- Utilize container-based technologies to help support a micro service based architecture
- Build automation, using python modules, to support our product development and data science initiatives
- Have experience with DevOps / automation tools to help minimize operational overhead for our platform
- Achieve maximum uptime of our platform utilizing cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, helm charts, terraform, docker, etc.
- Must be able to contribute to self-organizing teams with minimal supervision working within the agile / scrum project methodology
- Build production quality ingestion pipelines with automated quality checks to help enable the business to access all of our data sets in one place
- Participate in a collaborative, peer review based environment fostering new ideas via cross team guilds / specialty groups
- Maintain comprehensive documentation around our processes / decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years of related information technology experience
- 3-4 years hands on experience – DevOps
- Experience with Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Experience with ansible and azure
- Experience in automation/scripting (python)
- App developer would be great
- Past experience in high volume web applications or web services.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and remotely with limited supervision
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- On-call support may be required
- Occasional weekend and evening work may be required
- On occasion, remote work may be possible
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Due to current covid-19 pandemic, work will be 100% home-based until our office re-opens