Java Developer - Cloud Applications (W2 ONLY)
Start Date: Aug 31, 2020
**Swoon is seeking a W2 Java Developer for their for cloud applications! This is a contract-to-hire, no visa sponsorship provided.**
• Design, develop, document, unit test, and debug new Cloud applications utilizing JSON, Java, and more, existing software systems, and large-scale proprietary Cloud backend with EC2, DynamoDB, Elastic Bean, Microservices, and etc. for internal use.
• Serve as technical expert on development projects.
• Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
• Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
• Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
• Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
• Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
• Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
• Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
• Career-development position within field.
• Requires high skill sets and developing proficiency within discipline.
• Conducts tasks and assignments as directed.
• Works under no or minimum supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
• Typically requires 5-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Angular, Node.js, TypeScript, Bootstrap, SCSS, Node.js, npm
• Microservices Development: Java, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, XML, XSD, Spring Kafka, Apache CXF, Restful API, Docker, Kubernetes, FluentD, Prometheus, Helm
• AWS Stack: AWS Amplify CLI, ElasticSearch, AppSynch
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required
• Java/AWS certificate preferred