Start Date: May 20, 2019
Are you passionate about data and the technology needed to drive a multi-million-dollar business? Do you love building creative, high-scale data products using a diverse set of state-of-the-art technologies? Does leading a global, dynamic, and growing engineering organization energize you?
Our client in the Bellvue, WA area is looking for an Engineering Manager who will drive the innovation and scale of the advertising products. The mission will be to leverage data technology to power a vibrant advertising marketplace, an insight driven sales and marketing workforce, and personalized and targeted ad content for our customers. From strategy, to technical design, to execution, and optimization, – your role is to deliver a premier suite of products & services that will delight our advertisers and customers, while creating a working environment where top technical talent will thrive.
Successful team members in Media Solutions are fully accountable for themselves, their teams, and project delivery in a fast-paced and high-reaching environment. We understand and embody the 'One Team' philosophy and always strive to model the company principles. We find creative ways to implement learning from ideas like Agile, Lean, Continuous Delivery and the Scientific Method in many aspects of leadership, management, delivery and operations. We are committed to a growth mindset and learning.
- Manage a medium-sized team of software developers and software engineers in test to deliver software
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to leverage the latest technologies, define new platform features and build the technical product backlog
- Engineer scalable, fault tolerant software components for serving ads
- Prototype creative solutions quickly and be able to collaborate with others in crafting and implementing your technical vision.
- Contribute and collaborate in creation and consumption of open, standards-based solutions, while working with existing technologies and infrastructure.
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements and drive those from concept to implementation.
- Strong technical background with 7+ years of relevant experience in technical development and 2+ years of technical leadership role as a Lead/Manager for a major feature or product
- Technical skills: HTML, CSS, Angular and other front end (UI) technologies
- Proven track record of shipping high quality products in high load production environments, world-class enterprise and/or ecommerce systems
- Structured approach to development (measuring, monitoring, and testing) and a deep understanding of object-oriented design
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies
- Excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- GitHub profile and/or contributions to the open source community
- Knowledge of operating system internals, file systems, compilers
- Experience with online advertising
At Swoon, we form relationships, not just connections, and we pride ourselves on our contractor care initiatives. We have won “Best of Staffing” for 4 consecutive years and the “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” 2019, 2018, 2017,2015, 2014. Are you ready to be Swoon’d?